When inviting guests for dinner or drinks I always want to serve a little introductory snack before we get into the swing of things. This recipe is quick, easy and tasty as well as looking the part. The trout can be replaced with salmon if you so desire.
Serves 4 people
· 150g kiln smoked trout
· 1 tablespoon capers
· black pepper
· 2 small spring onions
· 3 sprigs of dill
· juice of half a lemon
· 100ml of double cream
· half teaspoon of lemon zest plus extra for garnishing
· 2 large cucumbers (english cucumbers)
· Large cucumber cut in 3cm pieces (should give you approx 6 pieces) and the interior of the cucumber scraped out to make a cavity.
· Fresh chives snipped at 2.5cm pieces
1. Place all ingredients except the cucumber in a food processor and blend until smooth. If the mixture feels too dry, add more cream.
2. To serve place a teaspoon of the mixture inside the cucumber cavity and garnish with lemon zest and fresh chives.